Have you ever wondered if you can eat something past its expiration date? Turns out, for many foods, you can! Just know your groceries' mileage may vary- so make sure to check these foods first before eating them:
- Eggs – Safe to eat a few days after their expiration date, but smell them before cooking.
- Bread – If stored in the fridge, it can last two weeks past its expiration date.
- White rice – Safe to eat if stored properly.
- Dry pasta – Under the right storage conditions can last up to 24 months after the expiration date.
- Canned foods – Can be consumed 24 months after the best-before date.
- Sauce bottles
- Flour and sugar
- Vinegar and soy sauce
- Peanut butter