It's important to stay hydrated. We hear it all the time.
Celebrity nutritionist Kimberly Snyder is here to help you stay hydrated with her tips...
- Individualize your intake. You may have heard that eight glasses a day is key, but Snyder has a higher quota. "Drink between half an ounce and an ounce of water for each pound you weigh every day," she says.
- Drink at room temperature. It’s more hydrating than cold water! Your body also spends more energy bringing cold water to a temp it can absorb, which causes water loss.
- Hydrate first thing in the morning. It’ll give you more energy, especially as we tend to get dehydrated overnight.
- Drink between meals instead of during. “Too much liquid with meals dilutes your digestive juices and can delay dehydration,” she explains.
- Eat water-rich foods. Cucumber is a great source of water, and so is celery.
- Compensate for caffeine and alcohol. Both of these are diuretics, which means that you’ll lose fluid from how much you’re going to the bathroom!
- Carry a water bottle. It’ll remind you to drink water during the day, especially if you’re out and about.
- Drink coconut water. It’ll replace both the water and the electrolytes that you lose throughout the day, especially when hot.