Spooky season is here! But let’s be real, not everyone likes being scared. If you don’t have the stomach for horror, here are some Halloween movie options for you:
- “What We Do In The Shadows” (2014): This mockumentary follows vampire housemates played by Jemaine Clement, Taika Waititi, and Jonathan Brugh balancing modern life with their vampire tendencies. There’s also a series spin-off on Hulu. Available on Fubo TV and Hoopla.
- “Jennifer’s Body” (2009): It’s the perfect combo, Megan Fox as a man-eating vampire demon. Amanda Seyfried also stars in this feminist romp. Available on Criterion Channel and IMDb TV.
- “Twilight” (2008): Whether you’re watching it ironically or not, there’s no denying “Twilight” is a vampire classic. Plus, it has a solid soundtrack! Available on Netflix.
- “Clue” (1985): This box office bomb based on the game has become a cult classic.Available on Paramount+, Pluto TV, and IMDb TV.
- “Hocus Pocus” (1993): This classic starring Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy is fun for the whole family.Available on Disney+.
- “Zombieland” (2009): Jesse Eisenberg teams up with Woody Harrelson and a clever pair of sisters played by Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin to fight plenty of zombies.Available on VOD.
- “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” (1975):This one’s for you musical theater kids. The 1975 movie is one of Tim Curry’s most iconic performances, and the songs and dance numbers are super fun. Available on Amazon Prime, Hulu, and The Roku Channel.
Check out more not-so-scary Halloween movies options HERE.